Friday, June 24, 2011

Bubbles!

Homemade bubbles, anytime.  Here is the original solution:
1/2 c. corn syrup
2c. dishwashing liquid
5 c. warm water
Combine.

But, I only had 1/2 c. of dishwashing liquid in the house.  And, I didn't realize it until I started pouring the dishwashing liquid.  The corn syrup was already in the bowl.
Here is the solution that I used:
1/2 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. dishwashing liquid
2 1/2 c. warm water

We whisked the ingredients in a bowl.  We took the bowl of soap, a baking dish, a slotted spoon, a spatula with holes and a plastic child's clothing hanger outside. 
Using the bowl, the results were not great.
We poured the solution into the baking dish, dipped the hanger and "ta-dah" - success!

I recommend doing this in the grass.  On the patio, the bubbles left a little "trace of soap".  Any "trace of soap" was easily cleaned with the hose.

The materials.  The bowl was good for mixing, the baking-dish was the choice for "bubble production".

Dip the hanger.

When you lift the hanger, you will see the soapy film in opening.

Gently move the hanger through the air.

The grown-ups loved this one too!














Have fun!  Please let me know how your adventure turned out.  E-mail me at blog@klinecreative.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment