Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Play Dough

Today's activity was homemade play dough.  I have always avoided this one, because I thought it would be a big mess.  Well, the mess was moderate and it was fun.  Here is the recipe that I used:


2 cups of baking soda
1 and a half cups of water (divided in half)
1 cup of corn starch
food coloring (we did 2 colors)
Directions:
Combine dry ingredients and cut in half.  Color each bowl of water with food coloring.  Mix each half of dry ingredients with water and mix until the mixture is smooth. Boil each half until thick. Takes about 4 minutes each.

I think I over-cooked mine a little, so it came out a little crumbly.  I added a little more water, and kneaded it into the dough.  Play dough magic!
Best parts:
15 minutes of work
2 hours of play
moderate clean-up (I kept it confined to the counter)

No bad smell!

Let me know how yours works out!









No comments:

Post a Comment